Saturday, August 16, 2008

How I Landed in My Full-Time Work Online

I am just a housewife. Although I completed Bachelor of Science in Medical Technology and passed the consequent Licensure Examination, I do not feel like pursuing that career. I find it better to stay at home and take care of my kids. I started browsing websites that offer home based job vacancy. Primarily, I had experience with medical transcription however that did not last for long because of stress of the work.

I hopped in from one site to another like bestjobs.ph and sulit.com.ph. I had my first job as home based telemarketer or most commonly known as call center agent. At first it was fun, though it made me rethink that decision later because the work was overly demanding and I hardly have enough sleep.

A friend of mine suggested I set up a profile in getafreelancers.com and odesk.com and apply for job offers there. I kept applying for available work vacancy every week. I grew weary and got very bored applying over and over for various work related to my expertise but I was in dire need of money so I kept going. It took about a month before some buyer really noticed my existence.

I became a virtual assistant in odesk.com. The job entails internet research, MS Excel and MS Word familiarity and literacy. I did it for about 1 month or so and was successful. The buyer invited me to work for him full time and assist him in various type of work. And that is how I landed in my first full time job online.

You can do the same. "Patience is a virtue" and "Hard work will pay off."

Good Luck!

No comments: