Saturday, August 23, 2008

Mastering the Art of Music

Most of us have not yet discovered our hidden romance with music and making it. Personally, playing guitar has only been my past time but never really had any passion regarding it. I tried composing one or two songs but it seems to be just a product of illusion and mediocrity. There is no real thing in every single one of them. There just no soul in those music. I stand in awe for people who make music as easily as eating. Perhaps, I just did not take it too personally either that or the fact that I really do not have music inclination at all.

But here let us talk about some pointers that I realize just by looking back in my experience trying to get in tune with music. We will go through them one by one.

I should have the ability to read music per se. That is the number one trick or perhaps one stair up geared towards mastering music which I really cannot say I have all this time. But if you count being able to read chords as part of it then perhaps I have the skill to know it, although I might just need time. Guitar is my favorite instrument of all and the basic foundation of learning it should be having the ability to read music.

I should learn the techniques on how to play guitar, that as much as the ability to read music is very much essential in mastering the art of music. I watched many guitarists who have queer and unique techniques in order for them to go through a series of chords without actually breaking the sound for which I have not yet mastered until now. I have really not been able to learn techniques on exactly how I can continue playing chords in different frets without breaking them.

I should learn how to learn to play individual notes as well as combining them to produce chords. I know specifically how to play chords but I do not know how to individually play the notes and worst, I do not even know how to group them to produce the sound. I know it is funny but sometimes, when you are serious to learn something, you need to be learning the details and go into information you can get about the subject. Otherwise, it is not complete learning at all.

I should get to know my guitar well in order for us to get along with each other like it being a part of me and me, being a part of it. However, this is something that I have not done when I was learning how to play the guitar because basically I learned playing the instrument using someone else’s guitar and not my own. So basically I have not established a time or something to get us to know each other. Because of this reason, I can say that I have yet to get my own guitar before I can actually go master the music.

No comments: